Finmeccanica-Alenia Aermacchi selects Williams International FJ44-4M to power M-345 HET October 9th, 2014
Following a selection process which included detailed preliminary studies and ended up in a formal Request For Proposal opened to several engine manufacturers, Finmeccanica-Alenia Aermacchi selected Williams International FJ44-4M to power the new M-345 HET (High Efficiency Trainer) aircraft.
FJ44-4M is the fully aerobatic version of FJ44-4A engine. It is a modern two–spool co–rotating turbofan engine with medium bypass ratio, mixed exhaust, and high cycle pressure ratio.
FJ44-4M is in the class of 3400 lbs thrust with low fuel consumption, and takes advantage of Williams well recognized track record in maintenance services in order to further reduce operating costs.
The two companies already started joint activities to finalize the collaboration framework which will lead to integrate the engine into M-345 HET aircraft in the next couple of years.
M-345 HET represents the most recent solution proposed by Alenia Aermacchi for the basic/advanced phase of the military pilots training syllabus. The M-345 HET provides the Air Forces with a very cost- effective solution, thanks to the best-in-class performance level coupled with significantly low acquisition and operational costs.
- Enhanced performance (speed, energy and maneuverability)
- Improved maintainability and accessibility
- Design load factors of +7/-3.5 g with high fatigue life
- Latest generation turbofan Engine with reduced fuel consumption and maintenance tasks
- State-of-the-art digital avionics and Embedded Training Simulation capability - HUD (Head Up Display) in the front cockpit, a HUD repeater in the rear cockpit;
- Excellent potential as Light Combat Aircraft
- Life Cycle & Acquisition Cost comparable to a heavyweight turboprop aircraft.
- - Three Multi-Function Displays in each cockpit;
- - HOTAS (Hands On Throttle-And-Stick) controls;